There are presently no open calls for submissions.
WE ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR SUBMISSIONS.
WE WILL REOPEN WHEN/IF IT GETS COLD AGAIN.
For information about the kind of work we're looking for, check out flywheelmag.com/submissions. Otherwise:
- We accept .docx, .doc, .rtf, and .pdf (.pdf's only for artwork, please). We also accept flowers, but only those which have been humanely raised and slaughtered.
- We welcome simultaneous submissions, but if your work is accepted elsewhere, please let us know so we can be happy for you, and maybe we’ll pounce a little faster next time.
- We will only publish material that hasn’t appeared elsewhere—and “elsewhere” includes your blog, Facebook, and even MySpace. That’s right: We’re still counting MySpace.
- We have no idea what we’re going to pay you. Probably nothing, but if you get a fortune cookie or a used sparkplug in the mail, it might have been from us.
Notes for Submitters of Prose
Send fiction and non-fiction, reviews, and menacing letters as follows:
- Use a standard font and size. If you are submitting from Cheyenne, Wyoming, or if it is 1873, you may use a Western font for your title. Otherwise, please refrain.
- Double-space your manuscript. Please, please, please do this. Please.
- Include your name and contact information on the first page. If you don’t, and your work is good, we’ll submit it to prestigious magazines under our own names.
- Give us a word count—also on your title page. We can’t know how awesome we find your pacing if we don’t know how long your piece is—and we’re sure as hell not going to scroll to your last page to find out, not for free anyway.